Information for the 2017/2018 Tryouts for the Virginia Legacy Soccer Club is now posted. How to apply for tryouts/placements, dates, fees and other information for the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 Season is listed below. If you have any questions please contact the soccer office at 757-253-VLSC (8572) or email@example.com
The Virginia Legacy will have tryouts during April 28 - May 4th across 3 communities for ease of players across the Peninsula to be a part of Legacy. Teams will be formed at all levels at each age and parents and players are encouraged to check out the following link http://www.valegacysoccer.com/Travel/About/index_E.html for more information on the different playing levels and communities in which Legacy teams are offered.
Travel Teams are selected on a competitive basis. Positions on a team MUST be earned. Just because a player played on a team last year does NOT guarantee him/her a place for the 2017/18 season. Trials are open to any player and are free of charge. All final decisions on team placement will be made by the Technical Director, Directors of Coaching of the Virginia Legacy Soccer Club in conjunction with individual team coaches.
Register Here for 2017/18 Tryouts and Placements
Click here for 2017/2018 Tryout Dates and Locations
Click here for 2017/2018 Fee Structure by age group
Click here for 2017/18 Coaching Slate and Bios - COMING SOON!!!
Age Group Matrix for the Seasonal Year of 2017/2018
The 3 Step Tryout/Placement Process:
1. Apply – Apply for Tryouts/Placements at the provided Link (No COST!!) - https://www.youthleaguesusa.com/vlsc/17-18/Tryout.html
2. Accept – Once Tryouts/Placements are conducted you will be offered a position on a Legacy team and provided with a team acceptance link to complete -
3. Register – Attend a registration night to complete player passes, uniform fitting and other required paperwork for the 2017/18 season. Please make sure you attend one of the three registration nights at the (Location TBA) – Registration will take about 30 -45 minutes.
Registration is Mandatory – your player must accompany you to registration. There is a $25 late free assessed if you do not attend a registration night or make arrangements with the soccer office to registration completed at another time
What to bring to registration:
- player getting registered
- Proof of birth (original birth certificate, passport, drivers license or 2016/17 player pass)
- deposit (may have been paid online)
- parent ID
Important Tryout Information:
1. All players must pre-register for the tryout - there is no cost to attend - https://www.youthleaguesusa.com/vlsc/17-18/Tryout.html
2. Be prepared to play soccer (Shinguards, socks, ball and water are all recommended.
3. Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the tryout time to check in at the tent and receive your tryout number.
4. No paperwork is required at the tryout - just show up early to check in after having pre-registered.
5. Parents and spectators are asked to remain outside of the fence line at Warhill Sports Complex. At all other tryout locations parents are encouraged to remain away from the tryout fields.
6. Notifications of tryouts will begin Wednesday, May 10th. All accepted players to the team will receive an acceptance email in which case players will be asked to complete the tryout acceptance link within the email. -
7. Players must accept the position within 48 hours of the offer in order to guarantee their position on the roster.
8. Please wear a light colored shirt - preferably white
9. Weather Issues - check email with address used for tryout registration